Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma! First Bus Ride!

Today is the actual birthday of my mother. I won't post how old she will be... but not THAT old. All the grandparents are quite young so it's okay.

Today started of with an easy old day, L sleeping soundly and then woke up like a crazy beast. Ha ha, but afterwards, we went out to 'Jethro's Fine Grub,' where we had an awesome breakfast/brunch! I had the Tex-Mex Chili Omelet and it was so yummy!

Today marks the first day of my last year of university... for now. J, L and I went to UBC after breakfast and took part in the various Imagine Day activities. The usual is probably the collection of various stationaries and the like. It was was cool, blistery day on campus and luckily I did not have classes. As a matter of fact, I don't have classes until Thursday! Yay me!!

L was super well-behaved, as she only cried a few times (due to the fact that she was quite hungry). We took a visit over to the new Sauder building. We also spent some time at the bookstore, where we changed L in public!! Ha ha, not overtly so but in the corner of the kid's area, there is a nice couch where we put her on and changed her! That was definitely an adventure and a half. J and I were like, "Please don't pee, please don't pee (repeat)." L did not and was actually smiling and giggling the whole time.

L met a handful of J's friends as well as Auntie TNguyen's boyfriend MSze. We spent some time with Uncle A and Auntie TPeng. I can officially say that L 'broke' in TPeng's place at Gage by being changed twice and eating twice in the apartment.

Today was a first for L as well. The first time she rode Transit. We took the 49 home from UBC and it was actually not too bad. L slept for most of the way, although she woke up around Fraser/Knight Street, but went to sleep on my shoulders. It was quite cute.

After a long and eventful day, L is fast asleep after a nice, long, warm bath and a full stomach. I will be now sleeping as I am dead tired and J has already fell asleep. Nights! Tomorrow, we go to Costco to buy 40 pounds of flour!!


L sleeping in her stroller on the bus!

On Campus, L sitting quietly in her stroller in the Bookstore.

Taken a while back, this was L at 5AM while she was sleeping.

We have to try out the jumper before we buy it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment