Friday, July 16, 2010

Surprised much?

There are many things in life that are surprising. Such as friends holding a surprise birthday party. Or going to a haunted house only to be scared/surprised by a live human in a costume only for you to punch the guy in the face sort of surprised. However, today, I witnessed something that I didn't think someone would do in public. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing bad or anything, just odd. So what is this you ask? Well, while J and I were at Metrotown doing some shopping and what not, we were at the Food Court and we saw this normal looking family (mom, dad, kid around 2 years, and a family friend). I didn't think nothing of it. That is until the 2 year old started to cry and whine. He walked and talked and did everything a kid in school would do. BUT, what surprised me was he walked over to his mom and pulled down her shirt asking for food!! HE PULLED HER SHIRT DOWN! Do you know how wrong that is? I mean, the World Health Organization does suggest that breastfeeding should ideally be done until 5 years of age, yes 5 years. However, this is probably catered to the undeveloped countries as in places like Canada, we have access to formulas and a plentiful food source. But this kid, around 2 years, who walked and talked, walked over to his mom and pulled her shirt down asking for food. The mom obliged and she pulled out this huge blanket and covered herself and the kid. While the kid ate, so did the mom. It was a weird sight. Anyways, that's my two cents. I know breastfeeding is good and all, and cheap (free) but once a kid is able to walk and talk and grab things, I think it's time that they stop breastfeeding and start to eat adult food.

Anyways, L will be breastfed for a few months then we will switch her over as she will need to prepare to go to school in July or September. Nights and hopefully, tomorrow will be a day where I can get some pictures.

PS. Baby L is fitting into clothes for 3-6 months... but she's only 1 month old! Crazy how time flies and how much she has grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment