Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busy Busy day

Today started off like any other day. Baby L waking up at 7:30AM for her morning feeding. However, there was a little twist. Since yesterday was so hot, we decided to bath L in the morning. As we were bathing her, she POOPED in mommy's hands!! It was HILARIOUS!! HA HA! Needless to say, I was laughing my head off, J was not. =P

However, after that, J and I ate then headed out for our long day. We had an appointment with the lactation specialist. The doctor essentially told us that L was feeding super well and that she is growing (YAY!). She gained ~400 grams since last week and is now measuring at ~4280 grams. Pretty big I would say, and the doctor told us that she is in the 90th percentile (means only 10% of baby's her age is bigger than her, crazy!).

After the appointment, we all went to Earl's so that J and I could eat. As we walked in, all the hostesses and waitresses were gushing over how cute L is (then again, no one has to tell me that my baby is cute, ha ha). L was VERY cooperative with J and I while we were eating. Not a peep, that is until we finished and were paying. Then L started to whine =(, but that's okay because she is easily consolable =).

Then we went to UBC to do some paperwork for mommy and daddy. I renewed my student card (for 5 more years, ha ha). J had to get some transcripts for her work. Then we were off to see Auntie T!

Aunt T was the maid of honor at our wedding and she is one of J's closest friends. She's pretty cool I would say. We met at Starbucks and while we were there, everyone was staring and again, commenting on how cute L is. However, we have no pictures of T holding L.... I think she's afraid of holding her, maybe next time.

Then at ~4, we had another doctor's appointment, this time with the Family Practice for a check up. L is doing good and they say we don't have to come in until 2 months. But at that time, it'll be for the shots... dun dun dunnnnnn. However, L won't wail her head off, only time will tell.

After all this, we came home, ate then slept. When we woke up, around 9ish, the house so darn hot, around 28 degrees in the basement!, we went out to the track and we walked 1.6 km. It was nice and cool and the stroller that we have (Bumbleride) is amazing!

L is now feeding and burping like there's no tomorrow! It seems like L is exactly like J when it comes to burps (loud and frequent, ha ha). Anyways, tomorrow is another day (hopefully not as hot, but that's wishful thinking) and hopefully L will do something neat tomorrow. Nights!

*Pictures courtesy of Auntie T*

"Daddy, stop poking me in the cheeks! It's annoying!"

"I am Tiger, hear me Roar!"

No comments:

Post a Comment