Today, it was extremely hot! I guess not as hot as Toronto where L's Uncle A currently is, but it was hot compared to our standards. Think high twenties. As a result, baby L was NOT happy. In fact, she was down right cranky and whiney all day (well most of the day). Baby L got a little dehydrated today as well. She feeds about every 2-3 hours and drinks her fill of mommy's milk, but due to the heat, baby L was sweating!! Can you believe it?? My baby was sweating when she's only two and a bit weeks old. It was quite a sight. Needless to say, baby got dehydrated and was very cranky. How do we know she was dehydrated? Well her fontanelle (the spot on her head where the skull bones have yet to be fused) was sunken in, this is a sure sign of dehydration. Anyways, so baby L got a nice cool down by stripping down to her diapers and lying in mommy and daddy's cool bed with all the window's open. She cooled down fast and then she got a lot better!
It's supposed to be a lot hotter in the coming days... I hope my baby will be alright =) We plan to keep cool and drive in our nicely A/C'd car =) Anyways nights, I have work tomorrow =( and I won't get to spend as much time with baby tomorrow (so sad).

Lalalalalaaaaaaa~~~ I love to sing!
No comments:
Post a Comment