Friday, July 9, 2010

Out and About

Today was another busy day for the family. However, it did not start of like I wanted to. I normally take the 'night shift' to let J rest through the night apart from the feedings. So, like every other day, I got up at 3:30AM to go get L from her crib so that she could eat. All normal right? Yup! So after she was finished (around 4AM), J went back to bed and I had the task of changing L's diaper and putter her to bed. This didn't work out as planned. Normally, L goes to bed right away but today was a different day. She DID NOT want to go to bed!! Arghhhh! So, I was up every 15-20 minutes as L was crying and whining in her crib. I guess it was way too hot in her room. As such, I got very little sleep today. L eventually went to bed (around 6AM). I then got another 3-4 hours of sleep while J took care of L.

After all that, we went out to Metrotown today for the first time. When we got there, we went to the Grandparent's store and L was adored by all the employees. It was great and they were saying how L looks like me (well the top half of her head anyways). After we visited the store, we walked around the mall for a little bit, got some exercise and went looking for a Camcorder (didn't find one yet, but I'm hoping to find one soon so I can post videos of baby!). J got some Lululemon shorts and I... got nothing yet (Camcorder is for me, so I'm not complaining). =).

Today, like the previous 3 days, it was a hot day and baby L seems to not like the heat. She is seemingly not able to sleep and is awake for most of the day. The hot weather is taking a toll on J and I as L is not sleeping and one of us is constantly holding her and cuddling her. Grandma and Grandpa does also take turns. Hopefully this heat wave will settle down and it will get more manageable. Tomorrow, we're hoping to go to Granville Island.

Until tomorrow, Nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment