Tuesday, August 24, 2010

L's first set of vaccinations

Edit: Sorry for the delay in posting this. My internet was being funky after the three power outages we had!

Today, L got her first set of vaccinations. On top of that, Uncle JDavies and Auntie GR came all the way from Winnipeg to see L! This morning, I went to pick them up from the airport while J got L ready to leave for the hospital. We are in this vaccine study so all our shots are given from the Children's Hospital and not our doctor, which is good because that way, L won't be afraid to go to the doctor's office.

After I picked JD and GR up, we went to breakfast then headed home to pick up J and L. From there, JD and GR went downtown to the Aquarium and Stanley Park, while the three of us headed to Children's.

Upon arrival, the first thing we hear... a baby's cry! Not one of those dinky, wah's but the full-out wailing! J was scared, L was sleeping and I was like, "We all did it in our lifetime, ha ha." As you can see, J was more scared of her own daughter getting a shot as opposed to herself. Anyways, after a brief history of baby and a full physical exam, we were ready to give her the shots! An update for L, she is now 6.54kg (14 lbs, 7 oz = double her birth weight!), and is 60cm. That means, L is in the 97th percentile for weight and 88% percentile for height. Pretty good I would say. The doctor would keep on mentioning the fact that L was "so healthy!" As parents, we were so glad to hear that!

After all the fun and joy of physicals and such, came the part of the shots. See the video below:



After the shots, L cried for a little bit then stopped crying. I'm thinking she was okay, however the initial shots probably hurt as you can see by her face.

Anyways, she was a little whining tonight but generally is okay. We took her temperature and she was fine and when we pressed her injection sites, not a whimper. She was actually pretty good and she's doing fine now. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

As for JD and GR, they say L for a brief moment but will see her soon again. I will post pictures of them holding her when we get a chance.

OH! J and I, along with JD and GR went to the PNE at 9PM ($5 tix) and saw the show "Kaboom." It's actually really good with lots of fireworks and some dancing and singing. I recommend that you go see it.

Nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment