Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fireworks Galore!

This morning, Uncle JD and Auntie GR left back for home =(. Hopefully, they had a safe and relaxing flight and will visit little L very soon!

Also this morning, we had a reunion. This was a reunion with fellow baby momma's and baby papa's back from our pre-natal classes. However, out of the ~10 couples, only 3 others showed up. There was a total of 4 babies and all four were girls! I gotta say though, all the babies looks like their dads!! Not one looks like the mom... I guess the girl changes to look like their mom's later on in life. J told me the theory on why a girl looks like her dad in the beginning. It goes like this: The mom always knows that the baby is hers, right? But the dad... it can be anyone... So, a baby looks like the dad, to say "Hey, I'm yours, don't leave me!" This makes some sense but I'd think that even if L looked like J, I would be complete fine and would still love her to bits!

After the classes (during which I slipped out of to drop JD and GR off at the airport), we went to White Spot to meet with Auntie LWong. She's an old high school friend and we had a good time just catching up. J and LW would talk non-stop... Oh, what females do when they get together for the first time in a few months... TALK!! Anyways, I didn't mind as L was a little bit of a handful until she fell asleep.

Today, L finally got her passport! We can officially go flying and traveling, which we plan to do this week to Portland. It'll be fun!

Tonight, we went to the PNE with J's parents. We went after 9PM, so our entrance was only $5/per person. The main reason we went was to go and watch "Kaboom," the pyrotechnic musical about the 100 years the PNE has been open. However, we also did go into the Marketplace where they sell a bunch of cool objects and do-hickies. J's mom bought a magnifying glass and I bought J's mom and J a little hanger type to hang their purses on the table while at dinner (sort of hard to explain, will take a picture and post it). One thing that J and I were most worried about during the show was the noises and the bangs. However, it didn't seem to bother L as she just slept through the whole thing. Of course, I did cover her ears so that the sound was more muffled.

There are always weird people everywhere. That is a fact for sure. I mean, I know I can be weird and J can be weird, etc... However, it's damn annoying when there are people telling you how to raise a child. Today at the PNE, there was a Chinese lady sitting behind us at the show. She first said how cute L was, and of course I said thank you. Then, she went on to say, "It's cold outside (it's actually like 17 degrees), and a baby shouldn't be out." Then she said, "The show has loud noises," which J and I obviously knew about since we went before. And the lady gave us this evil glare and pretty much looked like the "You guys are horrible parents" sort of look. This bothered us a little bit but you know what? We can and will raise L whatever way we want to. Ultimately, she is our responsibility and if she gets sick or is a wild child, the onus is on us for the way we raised her. Anyways, enough of a rant!

Overall, today was one of the busier Sundays since L was born. She and J are now asleep and I will be joining them now. Nights!

Daddy and L waiting for the show to start! L is all bundled up!

Family picture! (Sorry, the front camera of my iPhone 4 is not very good)

No comments:

Post a Comment