So, today was my day off in oh I don't even remember. Well actually since last Sunday. However, we were in the hospital and didn't feel like a day off. Today, was my first actual day off and it was really good actually. I got to sleep in (sort of) with both L and N in our beds and then has a lazy morning. However, as the day progressed, it got busier and busier. I felt like I was running around all afternoon doing one errand after another. The worst? Costco Richmond. Man, that parking lot and the people in the store are just slowwwwww and would not get out of the way. Also, the parking lot there is crazy!
Remember yesterday how I was saying karma and the evil that it brings? Well, I got pee-bombed TWICE today! TWICE!!! N seems to favour the peeing while changing aspect. The difference between raising a daughter and a son? When the daughter pees on you, its down and away. With a son, its a beautiful arc like a rainbow and of course it hits you all over. For me, got hit in the shirt (chest-high) and pants. It literally looked like I peed my pants. Not cool N! Not cool!
Anyways, I find myself not taking as many pictures as I was with L. I'd like to attribute it to the fact that I'm away at work most of the day however, I don't have this need to take pictures like I did L. It's bad I know. And when people say you take less pictures of your second, I completely understand where they are coming from. I'm hoping to bring out the camera tomorrow and the coming days as Christmas is essentially two days away and hoping to take lots of pictures. I will get on it!
L ask Santa for the simplest present. Vanilla Ice Cream. Easy as pie. Now, how am I going to wrap that up and place it under the tree? Maybe just keep in freezer and wrapped up? I'll have to discuss with J.
Today, I had a thought. I was sitting watching Sunday Night Football with N in my arms and L sitting next to me. I thought to myself, man, in a few years, when both N and L are able to, I'll be using them as an excuse to watch football, hockey, soccer, baseball, etc... I found ease while watching football with N. I guess being a guy and having a son, you want him interested in sports (which I do). So, I guess I'll be waking up at 5 in the morning for hockey practice and 6 in the mornings on the weekend to go up to Cypress/Whistler for some snowboarding. It'll be fun and I do look forward to it in a few years.
I think I've written long enough today =P I don't have any pictures from today but I promise tomorrow we'll take more and have more pictures!!
G'nite!
No comments:
Post a Comment