Sunday, June 27, 2010

My First Scare!


Every parent has that one situation where their heart sinks for a second. For J and I, that happened no less then 30 minutes ago. Baby L was quietly sleeping in her crib (after a crazy feeding session no less), then she started to cry. J and I thought, oh she probably pooped or is hungry again, as she got fed around 3 hours ago. So, I go check on L and low and behold, she just needs a diaper change. So, as I open her diaper, I SEE BLOOD!!! I was like WTF?!?!?!?!?!? AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! J is scared shitless, and we are both freaking out. Like, is a baby girl supposed to be bleeding from down there now?! At one week and 1 day?! In our crazy daze, we ended up calling the nurse hotline (*811). Once I was talking to a nurse, I calmed down a bit.
Turns out, most girls have a little bleeding (think 'mini-period') since they are getting used to not having mom's hormones in their body. Check out this video:
Thank god this is normal! So, apparently this is completely normal for almost all baby girls. God, did this ever scare the shit out of me. Anyways, everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. All normal, it's all normal. Phew.

Today, I figured out my baby's 'poo' face. It looks like this:
Weird face no? But sort of cute. Funny thing is, when J saw this face, she instantly gave baby to me. I was like oh ok, I'll hold my child. Little did I know, J already knew this face and handed off the poop-y diaper. She's quite the evil wife. Fails to inform her own husband of these little tricks and trades. So alas, I got stuck with changing a poop diaper and always run the risk of getting pooped/peed on. Ha ha. =).

Well, that is all for tonight. J and I are slowly getting the hang of this thing called parenting and we are growing every day as parents. Wish us luck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment