Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy 8 Months + 2 Days

It was L's 8 month-birthday this past weekend. The day went by pretty quickly for me (as I was working) and I'd assume it went quickly for Jess as she managed to spend half her pay cheque (A sign of things to come?).

So in the past month and a half a lot has happened.... well not a ton, but baby L has been making some great strides in her vocal expression (ie. she yells... A LOT). She's also trying to crawl.. by that, I mean that she's pushing herself up on her hands, then pushing... in turn she goes backwards. Quite funny to watch actually she does this when she wants to reach her toy and then she realizes she is going further and further away. Once she gets to a certain point, she screams at one of us (Jess, Grandma, Grandpa, Me) to pick her up and bring her to the toys. Ha ha, but I am definitely having a great time with her. She changes daily and it sucks that I have to work everyday but when I come home, she is always excited to see me which seems to relieve all the day's stresses away.

For updates, L is now 22 pounds (10 kg) and 72 cm! She is as big as most 12-18 month olds and sometimes bigger! We go out in the mall and people think she is a little developmentally handicapped as she's so big and unable to talk/walk/crawl and we have to explain that she's only 8 months old! It's crazy!

Not much is planned for the upcoming months. Her one year is coming up fast... June 19th to be exact. As per Korean culture, Jess and I are in the works to plan a dinner/party for her as the 1 year birthday is the biggest for a child.

Jess and I are currently really busy with work. Jess with her accounting job and me... well with my 'internship' if you want call it that... considering I have to pay for the placement and then I don't get paid... So what Jess tells me on a weekly basis is that I'm worse then slave labour considering I have to pay to work. Ha ha, that's okay those, only 3 months until I graduate and become a pharmacist =)

Well that's all for now. I'm still editing that video from Seattle/Portland from December. I've been busy and I'm thinking April will be the time for me to do it... yes I know about 4 months last, but better late then never no? =)

Good night!

PS. for your viewing pleasure, some pictures over the past few weeks.

Jess and L out for Lunch with friends yesterday!

Pig-tails!! (Can't wait to pull them =D)

"I'm more interested in Daddy's Camera!"

Momma J and Baby!

"My this orange tastes so yummy!"

PPS. OH! I forgot to mention, she is entering a phase where she puts everything within reach into her mouth... as a result, just in the last month, we pried away paper, newspaper, scissors(!!!), plate, napkin, and gum from her little hands... just to name a few. As a result, when she's sitting on the ground, there is NOTHING around her unless her toys are there. Anyways, good night!



1 comment:

  1. wow!!! she is so big now!! so cute! i love her pigtails.

    ReplyDelete