Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy (Belated) New Year!

Yes, yes, it has been 23 days since I have last updated. I haven't got the video of our Seattle Trip done... that will eventually come. =)

Anyways, this month has been filled so far with lots of work and being very tired most days. Both Jess and I are now working. Jess for money, me... not so much. I have SPEP, aka, slavery, as I have to pay to go to a hospital and community pharmacy to get experience. Although I am super enjoying the hospital rotation so far. Jess is working long days (think 8:30 to 8-9-10PM!). I guess that is the day in the life of a first year accountant starting during busy season.

It has been 7 months since L was born. Yes 7 months has come and gone. It has been an awesome 7 months but at the same time, super hectic. Who knew a baby would take up so much time =P? Ha ha, I gest. Both Jess and I knew what we were getting into. We love it. L is so different every single day. One day she would be the sweetest little angel, the next, a demon child. It has been going back and forth but she is one awesome kid and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

L can now hold objects and put them in her mouth.

This month marked a very special occasion. But not in the good reason. We went to the ER for the first time. Why you ask? Well.... long story short, L wasn't moving her right arm... like at all. I was a little freaked out by it.. wouldn't you be? Her arm just stopped working. No lifting, no grabbing, no pinching, no nothing. It was scary and downright frightful. So, we went to the hospital and saw the pediatrician. What they essentially told us was that she MAY have popped an elbow (apparently it happens quite often in kids up to age of 5). So they popped it back in, well at least I think they did. But we also got an x-ray, just in case. Thank god nothing else was wrong. The x-ray was normal and the doctor said, "This may be one of the healthiest arms I've seen." Ha ha, funny but not when an arms not functioning.

Hospital visit started with a little tag sucking...

Some more tag sucking...

THEN the evil ladies strapped her to a board for an X-ray!

Anywho, arm is back to normal now. She is using to pick things up, pinch people and tug at Grandma and Mommy's hair. It's cute.

Today was a generally relaxing day. We went shopping in Granville Island. Although it was super crowded, it was fun as we got some fresh air and walked around for about 2-3 hours. We also got L some new presents. Some water toys for bath time and a thing called the "Mini-Orchestra." The name says it all, it essentially is a toy that makes a TON of racket. L likes it so I won't complain... yet. =)

Everyone is now asleep and I will be heading to bed as I have to work tomorrow (for money tomorrow). Good night!

L Smiling with Mom!

Quite the flexible one... Nom Nom Nom My toes are so yummy!

Rabbit Stew Anyone?

PS. Jess and I baked today. We baked a chocolate cake with mocha-chocolate cream filling for Jess' cake decorating class tomorrow. As well as a dozen chocolate cupcakes with the same filling. Overall, it was a great day! Nite!

PPS. I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF THE MONTH! Well two most important, L has two front teeth (see picture)! And she is starting to crawl! Starting with backwards crawl and hopefully forward in the coming weeks!

"Yay! I can chew things now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment